Friday, April 16, 2010

Does Liz have her piles?

Elizabeth Taylor is getting married again. Number 9! How old is she now? 80 or 82? Wow!

What's up with that? I saw a picture of her in a wheel chair, smiling.

I wonder where she will go for her honeymoon? I wonder if she does the do? You know S-E-X.

I am cleaning out my storage unit. I brought all the boxes of paper records home to go through and divide into piles.
Piles that can go into the garbage and piles to shred...In theses old boxes marked bank statements and tax records I found lots of letters, cards, pictures, newspaper articles and poems from long ago when I was married to Howard. I decided to make piles of stuff to save as well as the other two piles.
My dining room is a mess.

It was fun reading about how much Howard loved me, poems and cards and letters from Krystal, Jatha and Karin Twila Slaughter. I wondered if I could put Karin's letters on E-Bay and sell them and make any money.
Would that be wrong?

Then I found letters and stuff from Justin. It has been 16 weeks since he died. I miss him so much. I cried a lot today.
A whole lot of shredding going on with bank statements and checks but these wonderful memories I will hold onto again.
As I sift through these boxes of old and dusty papers, I am so happy that I saved them.

I have separated into piles all my husbands and boyfriends. Let's see there was Tony, Howard, Justin and some old stuff from Ray. (Boy I am so glad I did not marry him!) I will hold onto those as well....But Piles and piles of stuff? Just stuff.

I will save them again and hope that my children, or their children, will enjoy reading them.

I wonder if Liz has piles too? If I could talk to her I would say take lots of pictures and write lots of memories for the day, Liz, so in 15 years you too, can go through your old piles of husbands and boyfriends.


No comments:

Post a Comment